A beautiful Hallelujah Remix.
Enjoy! ~ XXOO Michelle Bollom
Who am I?
Maybe I am my bank account.
Maybe I am my popularity.
Am I my achievements?
The sum of all the pleasures I enjoy?
My good health?
How frail we are!
What if I lost everything – my health, my popularity, my acceptable appearance, my money, my friends, my home, my family, my mind? Who would I be?
Would I still be loved?
Is there something at my core that is lovable?
We were created in love, by love, and for love.
Who’s your daddy?
My daddy is Love.
Does he have a last name?
No, just Love.
What does he do?
No, just loves.
Does he ever stop loving?
~ Brad Heilhecker
I love the name too- Running Amok Blog.
Be sure to check them out. Enjoy!
~XXOO Michelle Bollom
I got to spend yesterday evening helping set gill nets for Asian Carp research out at the Hancock Biological Station with two Murray State graduate students. They were extremely patient with me, teaching me knots [which I only tied correctly maybe 2 times], how to set the nets, and about what their research included. I have […]
You and I step out, into the war grounds
Where we fight not against flesh and blood,
But against the spiritual forces of darkness
He will be with….
You in the storm that tries to pull you down
Into the gravitating depths warring against
Your soul; He will remind you of His promises
He will never leave….
You, even when all else fades away;
His truth will suffocate all lies and bring
Your dying heart back to life
He will never forsake….
You when death seems like the only way out,
When everyone forgets you, God will not,
For His love will eventually pierce through your night
Do not be afraid….
For He doesn’t give us a spirit of fear,
But of power, love, and a sound mind;
He will smother all fear if you ask and believe
Do not be discouraged….
When you feel like your boat keeps
Getting wrecked against the rocks;
Trust He knows what He’s doing.
I was reminded this morning of a time many years ago when I would hear someone say: “well the Lord told me….” And I would think, and even sometimes ask, “Really? How did you hear and know it was Him?”
Most could not explain to me how. They would say that you will just know.
That didn’t help me at all. So I bought every book I could get my hands on that dealt with “How to hear from God.” I read, prayed, pleaded and sat in uncomfortable silence. I even did the ole ‘ flip your bible and whatever page it landed on was the answer. I can’t even now recall if one specific book helped me with that other than beginning to read my Bible.
The Lord’s number one way He speaks to us is through His written word- The Bible.
He also uses people to confirm and speak to me, but in the last few years I have been hearing God on a much clearer frequency and almost like His audible voice is in my ear. I have to keep a notebook next to my bed now.
In the last 16 days of my Fasting Experience, it has become so much clearer and a little hyper sensitive to me that my ears are feeling reverberations from all the downloads.
I have been using the phrase lately “having the mind of Christ”. So when this was a verse for my 16 of 16 downloads, I knew it was confirmation from God that I was on the right track with today’s unpacking.
But the spiritual man [the spiritually mature Christian] judges all things [questions, examines and applies what the Holy Spirit reveals], yet is himself judged by no one [the unbeliever cannot judge and understand the believer’s spiritual nature]. For who has known the mind and purposes of the Lord, so as to instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ [to be guided by His thoughts and purposes]. ~1 Corinthians 2:15-16 AMP
I also believe the Altar’d study by Jennifer Kennedy Dean along with my fast is also playing a huge role in removing my fleshly desires and responses and by being more in tune with the Spirit has removed much of the old static.
I have been a little shocked by things coming out of my mouth because they are not in my normal character. They are not bad things, they are very good things and I believe they are 100% from God, but it seems almost surreal when it is as though you say something that you don’t recognize until it is out there.
So thinking back, for me, it was a process, a quiet growth if you will, of just learning to be still, be in God’s presence, reading His word, and being in tune with the spirit more by removing the distractions of the world and denying my fleshly desires to make way for me to hear Him as He speaks.
My second verse today sort of summed it all up for me….
You’ve always given me breathing room,
a place to get away from it all,
A lifetime pass to your safe-house,
an open invitation as your guest.
You’ve always taken me seriously, God,
made me welcome among those who know and love you. ~Psalm 61:3-5
God always gives us breathing room. He doesn’t force us to be with Him or to desire Him above everything else. He lets us make that choice. He is always offering us a place to get away from it all. We have a lifetime pass and an open invitation.
The only question is….
Will you take Him up on His offer?
No RSVP required, it’s always an open and standing invitation.
You just come as you are.
No dress code is required either!
~XXOO Michelle Bollom
Graced your bosom
Smoke hovering your rims
Deeply into your bed
Cut green glass
Turning of tables
Loud music and dance
Nonchalant and elegant
For the last drag
Like warm covers
After love made
Just passers by
In this ashtrays
Restored Ministries has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thank you ReNewedChick for the nomination!
Check & follow her at :
So the Liebster award is for up & coming blogs with under 200 followers.
What you have to do-
Post the award picture on your blog
Post blog link of who nominated you
Give 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions by your nominee
Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers
Ask 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Ok so here goes/-
11 random facts about me- Michelle Bollom of Restored Ministries Blog.
1. I am an identical twin and I have boy/ girl twins.
2. I just started blogging in June 2014.
3. I had no desire I thought to write till I was reminded of my childhood where I would sit with stacks of paper and an old typewriter/ or pen and would write poetry and stories. That image and reignited the desire and dream to write in me.
4. I am a southern girl without an accent. All my years in customer service and communications speaking to people they would be shocked I was from Texas and that I had no accent. I now speak in mostly slang and not so properly and of course I do say Ya’ll!
5. I used to cuss like a sailor- thankfully Jesus has helped me with that!
6. I rapped with Grammy Winner Mandisa in front of almost 30K people in St. Louis at the Love Life Conference. Proof on Vimeo! Michelle Mac is my rapper name!
7. I love to cook and create recipes. I don’t measure anything either/ I am an eyeballer.
8. I started Restored Ministries this year and want to help people #LiveRestored- check us out on all social media and our website http://www.restoredministries.org
We are a 501c3 charitable organization.
9. Just celebrated my 18th Wedding Anniversary with my hubs Joe. He is my biggest fan.
10. I love connecting women together in my community with genuine connections and we have a group that meets twice a month called Divine Connections in NW Houston, TX
11. I can count to 10 in Vietnamese
My ?’s From my nominee/-
1. Name of blog is based on my ministry name Restored Ministries
2. Inspiration is God who gave me the ministry name and just the love of sharing His Transformational Truths & Promises in a new different way. We have several guest bloggers so you see lots of different writing styles and we are all non professional writers!
3. Yes , have, do, and will continue to pay it forward. We all need each other!
4. One thing I would change about me is to finally lose this last 40 pounds! I love all of me but would like just a little less of me!
5. Biggest pet peeve is when people don’t return their shopping carts to the bins.
6. Next 10 years I would like to have my first book/s published and see many people #LiveRestored.
7. Blogs I like to read are varied, from poetry to photography to fashion, to encouragement, to music, to devotionals, to food and personal stories. Heck, I like it all!
8. Advice to a new blogger is to engage, tag, follow back and keep writing
9. Favorite tv show- right now is The Voice
Favorite Book- The Bible ( many translations)
The show because of the music, I love all genres of music and Blake Shelton is hilarious!
The Bible because I love the power in God’s word to transform us and our lives!
10. Travel anywhere it would be to Italy and the Capri Islands to make my own perfume.
11. I already quit my day job over 2 years ago!
The 11 Bloggers with under 200 followers I nominate are:
( sorry if you have over 200, I tried to find the counts but not everyone displays follower counts)
The 11 questions for the nominees to answer are:
1. What do you like to write about?
2. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
4. What is your day job?
5. Where do you live?
6. What is a hidden talent you have?
7. Your favorite childhood memory?
8. Something that you have overcome?
9. Your favorite must have writing tool?
10. Best blog tip for others?
11. Do you know there are 2 types of amazing bloggers, those that know Jesus and those that are fixing to; which one are you?
( if you chose fixing to- please contact me and I would love to introduce you!)
Keep Blogging! XXOO Michelle Bollom